13.3.08

Collecting

Helen's collecting post looks like fun. L and I are collectors too, except our collections tend to turn into clutter!

Collecting now:
seeds and plants,
cook books ,
baskets,



kitchen stuff,

flowery fabric,
paisley fabric,

old bags,
Enid Gilchrest books,
thimbles, darning mushrooms and pin cushions,

teacups and flowery china,

our family stuff - bibles, postcards, pictures, stories, wedding dresses, baby clothes, books



Things we collected in the past and I'd love to get rid of: (L won't let me!)
Old tins,
old toys,
old sewing machines,
old cameras,
old pottery,



Things I'd love to collect more of:

1920's dresses and purses,
Floral teapots
vintage baby clothes
more family stuff, especially secrets!

heirloom fruit and veges

6 comments:

Sally Anne said...

Your collections sound like mine!
Hope you don't mind but I have tagged you for the four things meme.

Anonymous said...

Your collections look good and useful too. I love the colour of your walls.

kimberlee said...

you garden is really impressive.

is that an old coffee grinder?

and holy cow, look at all that fabric:)

I think this is my first time saying hello on this blog, I found it through melissa. nice to 'meet' you

Nikki Elisabeth said...

woah that's a pile of fabric!!
xo

Jannelle said...

Oh my goodness, what an amazing cupboard! Heart Felt / www.teatodtoad.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Woah - you have THE BEST fabric stash. *envy*

Did you get my email the other day?

Also envious that you have a fig tree!

x Helen