12.8.07

Crafty

I just have to share what we did today, it is so much fun crafting with a group of friends and amazingly we all got 2hrs respite from our small children to share crafty ideas and life experience. Hopefully this will be the first of many crafty get together's. We were delighted and very spoilt to have Melissia come and be our first expert/teacher with freezer paper stencils. Most of us are huge Tinyhappy fans and very inspired by Melissa's creations. Lucky, lucky us!
I stuck with a simple and pretty popular image to make patches for my "skatey boy's" pants. I'm so pleased with how it turned out and he was quite impressed with it when I got home. I did a spider as well which he told me is "a bit crooked Mum". This old reference book has some great silhouettes of NZ birds and insects which I'm going to try over the next week.

The rest of the weekend is a bit of a blur, my teenager turned 14! I baked like a madwoman to provide 8 hungry mouths with enough to sustain them while they played paintball for 3 hours thisafternoon. It was a real treat for my teenager, a birthday he'll always remember. He came home very impressed with his old Dad's ability to outwit and outlast the young fellas. I was quite emotional when I saw all his old school friends together today, I can remember most of them at his 6th birthday party and now they're all bigger than L and I and turning into awesome young men. I watched the red head (2) sitting amongst them and thought by the time he's their age they'll be 22 yr old men! It's going so fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to your teenager! it must be an amazing feeling to see your kids grow into lovely young adults.
i had such a great time yesterday- thanks for having me!