2.5.10

Jester House

A couple of folks enquired about the whereabouts of all those eels I showed recently. It's a favourite cafe of ours called Jester House . It has a special significance to me because when I was about 11 years old, long before it was a lovely cafe setting we lived there with our Mum. My brothers and I would walk across the bridge to catch the school bus each morning and in the weekends we climbed the hill with our wet weather farm gear on to slide down the waterway as if it were a hydro slide. Though a great spot we all longed for the freedom of the farm where we had left our Dad and a thousand unfinished adventures.
If you visit there now you'll be able to feed the eels for a couple of dollars, they even accept old 1 and 2 cent coins! While the kids feed the eels there is plenty of local produce to sample off the lunch menu in a garden full of fruit trees and herbs.
It is one of my must see stops in Motueka.

4 comments:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Can confirm, amazing food.

And the eels are awesome.

Cat said...

Thanks for that! Since my Mother has recently moved to Motueka, I'm sure we will be there again soon! Mr 4.5 years would LOVE these!
Loving your blog ~ you have me all inspired again :)
Cat

clare said...

Yeah! I love going to Jester house :)

Melissa said...

Wow you really are a local!