26.12.19

2019 - How time flies

It has been a long time since I reflected here, I'm not really sure what has prompted me to do so today. I miss the simple life I once led.Last week our beautiful neighbour from Brooklyn - the time when I was blogging, passed away from an undiagnosed heart condition. I think it got me reflecting on the time in our life when kids happily roamed the neighbourhood and I loved my chooks and garden.I'm 46 now, ten years since "The Ballard of Lucy Jordan!" I live in a crappy little city house that I despise, but it is close to the job that consumes my life. My (new) husband is quite satisfied with this shitty little city house,  and cos I love him I have blocked out the country life that calls my heart. Today the only thing that fulfills my crafty urges is raranga harakeke - weaving with NZ native flax.

1 comment:

Lilbitbrit said...

Hi, I haven't looked on my blog for a while so was totally surprised that you blogged. I do like your bag. Life does has it's ups and downs, but it never stays the same, so there's always the thought of change. Living in a city must be hard. I live in town, but like my house and garden so that's OK, although I always miss the countryside especially growing up in England. I do hope all goes well with you and wish you the best.
Christine