4.1.12

Happy New Year

We are settling into our change of circumstances and starting to explore what it means to live in an urban environment. We are renting my Dad's house in Richmond, which I am very grateful for. It's close to Nelson where my study will be starting in 6 weeks. The garden is handkerchief size, so I hope to get into more foraging, as well as ferreting out all the best roadside stalls in the area. I haven't been able to find anyone selling free range eggs yet but luckily I am still involved with Potters Patch in Motueka so I can get my eggs from there for now. I'd love to hear from any Nelson locals about all the best kept secrets in Nelson.

I thought I'd share some photos from my Christmas getaway, I drove through Molesworth station with a friend. Molesworth is New Zealand's biggest farm, I had heard the scenery was beautiful and it certainly didn't disappoint.

3 comments:

clare said...

hey gilly, happy new year! there is a map of fruit and nut trees on public land in nelson/tasman complied by transition nelson http://www.transitionnelson.org.nz/ the map is here http://maps.google.co.nz/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=117878667065631173527.00046f56c2708c700cf11&ll=-41.323201,173.468628&spn=1.002457,1.702881&z=9 i haven't searched out anything from it myself, but you might like to? good luck! x

Melissa said...

beautiful, it looks amazing, i've heard so much about molesworth, can you tramp through it too?

Gill said...

Thanks Clare, I'm going to check that out.
Hi Melissa, It's such a big farm, I'm sure there are parts you can tramp, there were 2hr walks that we were able to do. My brother said he kayaked down the Clarence river that runs through the farm when he was at High school and I know guys who have been in on four day goose hunts there in winter.